Owner Trained Service Dogs
The benefits of an owner-trained Service Dog are UNBEATABLE...The owners get to pick the style of dog that most appeals to them....It's age, size, shape, temperament (busy or laid-back) purebred or 'mixed' is up to the owner. When an owner starts with a young dog or puppy, the bonding process starts instantly...the dog learns it's job in the environment it will be living and working in with the person or people it will be working for and who love it.
In many cases a pet dog is so bonded that it exhibits behaviors that can be molded - the dog seems to notice a distressed handler, a child with seizures or gets upset when their owners blood sugar rises or falls but it's a breed that is not typically associated with traditional service work.
Our Service Dog Program is unique. Our training is individualized to suit the specific needs of our teams, not just “cookie cutter” skills. The program requires over 100 hours of class time (over two years) and includes serviced dog specific classes, not available to the general public.
As a generality, an owner-trained Service Dog requires up to 100 hours of instructional time and 40 hours of "Real world" practice to achieve success as an owner-trained, Service Dog Team.
- Initial Orientation and Evaluation, please call Dana at 425-577-4324 to schedule
- Puppy Kindergarten, 6-Week Course
- Puppy Enhanced Skillz , 4-Week Course
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy, 6-Week Course
- Genius Puppy/Pre Basic Obedience, 6-Week Course
- Basic Obedience, 6-Week Course
- Basic Enhanced Skillz, 4-Week Course
- Beyond Basic, 6-Week Course
- Beyond Basic Enhanced Skillz, 4-Week Course
- Dog Tricks
- Service Dog Tasks and Tricks
- K9 Fitness
- K9 Nose Work
- Canine Good Citizen Course and Evaluation
- Therapy Dog Preperation Course and Evaluation
- Canine Good Citizen Advanced (Community Canine) Test
- Monthly Private Lessons for duration of program (Refining Skills)
- One year of monthly follow-up Sessions (pre-approval required)
- Public Access Test / Canine Good Citizen Advanced - Community Canine
Disclaimer: Package expires two years after purchase date. Non-Transferable, Non-Refundable unless Gap Insurance has been purchased