Tests and Evaluations
Canine Good Citizen:
All dogs, including both purebred and mixed breed dogs are welcome to participate in the AKC’s Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Program The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a certificate from the American Kennel Club. The CGC Test is a requisite part of our Service Dog Program.
Paws-Abilities proudly supports Therapy Dogs International! Therapy Dogs International (TDI®) is a volunteer organization dedicated to regulating, testing and registration of therapy dogs and their volunteer handlers for the purpose of visiting nursing homes, hospitals, other institutions and wherever else therapy dogs are needed. The test is conducted by a TDI CERTIFIED EVALUATOR Dogs must be a minimum of one (1) year of age and have a sound temperament. Each dog must pass a TDI temperament evaluation for suitability to become a Therapy Dog. The test will also include the evaluation of the dog’s behavior around people with the use of some type of service equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, etc.).
- A.K.C. Community Canine - CGCA Test | Evaluator: Sher Yeuroukis
- A.K.C. Community Canine - CGCA Test | Evaluator: Veda Viles
- A.K.C. Trick Dog Title Testing
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Urban - CGCU Test
- Canine Good Citizen Test | Evaluator: Sher Yeuroukis
- Canine Good Citizen Test | Evaluator: Veda Viles
- Canine Good Citizen Workshop and Test | Saturday, May 20th 10:00-1:00 PM
- Therapy Dogs International Test